June 2221 LINKS staff stats credit toggle pop out

REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

tracing out lives, tag: ari/flo
DIEGO SALINAS
 Posted: Jun 12 2015, 02:10 PM

Here's your drink, sir.

Leaning casually against the counter top, Diego reached for the drink. When it was safely in his hand, he raised it to the bartender and nodded. "Thank you," he offered, but not before supplying the man with an appropriate amount of coin. And because he had enough to spare, he threw in a tip for good measure. Once the transaction was complete, Diego turned away from the bar and slipped into the growing crowd, eyes flicking every which way in an attempt to find a seat that would allow him at least a little privacy.

On any other night, in a bar like this, finding privacy might have been rather difficult. (Then again, on any other night, in a bar like this, finding privacy would have been the last thing on his mind.) But because it was right in the middle of the week, Diego was able to find a small booth off in the corner, brightly lit and furnished with plush seats. That was exactly what he wanted: something out in the open, yet still private enough not to garner any unwanted attention. Diego slid into the seat silently.

After taking a nice, healthy swig of his drink, Diego chanced another look around the bar, searching for the woman with whom he was scheduled to meet. She was a private investigator -- contracted by the government, strangely enough -- but he'd heard that she would do certain jobs on the side for a little extra cash. Now, normally Diego wouldn't have gone through so much trouble. Hiring extra help could potentially be costly. But a client of his had recently made a run for it, practically up and vanished, but through the grapevine Diego had heard the man in question had escaped to another station.

Having no time to scour each of the space stations himself -- he had plenty of his own work to be doing -- he chose an easy alternative: hire someone else to track them down. So there he sat, drink in hand, eagerly awaiting the opportunity to discuss business.

tag: flo
PM EMAIL
^
ARIELLA EDWARDS
 Posted: Jun 15 2015, 06:27 PM

Ariella took her jobs where she could get them. Well, the less than strictly legal ones, anyway. If that meant that she had to go to bars to get her business, that’s what she would do. And having a drink while discussing business wasn’t so bad. It was better than dealing with the stuffy suits that comprised of the government. They always had to do their business sitting around conference tables and droning on and on about things that she didn’t need to know about. She was an investigator. She was perfectly fine going out and getting that information on her own. She didn’t need someone to tell her things that might bias her operation. Maybe that was the reason she had started turning to less legal jobs.

Well, that, and the pay was way better.

She reached the bar and looked around for the man who was supposed to be waiting for her. If she was stood up, she was going to be so pissed. Luckily, it looked like the man in question was waiting for her at the bar. And he was early good. Well good. This man actually meant business and wasn’t just there to waste her time. Ariella slid into the empty bar seat next to him. “You didn’t order me a drink? I’m almost disappointed at your manners.” She flagged down the bartender and put in an order for a scotch on the house. “So, I hear that you have a job for me.” She hoped that it was something exciting. The conflicts she was investigating for the government were alright, but she wanted something fresh. Way she saw it, she might as well have not left her job at the newspaper if she was just going to continue playing it safe.

tag: diego/jess

PM
^
DIEGO SALINAS
 Posted: Jun 18 2015, 04:14 PM

Whatever Diego had been expecting, it wasn't for the woman whom he was meeting to casually slide into the booth next to him. There was plenty room across from him -- which he assumed she would take, considering they were complete strangers. He looked at her, making no attempt to hide the way he was measuring her up, attempting to get some sort of feel for the woman. With the way that she jumped right into playfulness rather than professionalism, Diego wondered if she'd done it just to get a reaction out of him.

Which, he supposed, she did. She certainly caught him off guard, anyway. But he went with it, a coy smile finding its way to his lips as he sat back, casually throwing an arm over the back of the booth. "Sorry," Diego said with a slight shrug, "I didn't know what you liked." He took a swig of his own drink and set it back on the table. "Didn't want to disappoint you the first time we met." To anyone else, they probably looked like they were on a date, sitting so close together. He chuckled at the thought. Not that he needed a cover, but this certainly would make for a good one.

Once the woman's drink had safely arrived, Diego waited several moments to begin speaking. "I need to find a man, who I think deserted his place here for one of the other stations." Well, Diego wasn't exactly sure about that, hence the whole hiring a private investigator thing. "He owes me money." A pause, and Diego's brow furrowed. He shook his head, waving a hand to excuse his last words. "No, that sounded too suspicious. It's not what it sounds like, really. My business loans money out to people, and this particular customer did not pay back what they owe." The smile was back as he finally finished explaining, as if he was proud of his business and all the hard work he did.

Which, of course, he was.

tag: flo
PM EMAIL
^
ARIELLA EDWARDS
 Posted: Jun 19 2015, 07:17 PM

Ariella liked to mix professionalism with pleasure. Oh, she could certainly be professional when she had to be, but for the most part, she had found that being too serious was actually a detriment to her investigation. People were more likely to give up information after they had had a few drinks, especially if she was a drinking partner. They would then view her as a friend more than an investigator, and they’d give her what she needed. Right now, Diego Salinas was hiring her, meaning that he was likely to give her information without her needing to manipulate him for it, but still, Ariella figured that they should start on the right foot.

“Well, that was very considerate of you,” Ariella said. “Scotch on the rocks is probably my go-to drink, but I tend to like a good shot of whiskey as well. Depends what mood you catch me in.” Scotch was the one that she kept in her office, but she was flexible. “Guess you’ll know for next time, right?”

She shrugged. “Hey, to be honest, I don’t particularly care why you want to find someone. I’m just here to get the job done. So whether it’s suspicious or not, I’ll take it.” Ariella pulled out a small pad of paper. “So what can you tell me about this man? A name, a description, anything that can give me a lead to go on to begin my investigation? And why did he need the money? That might be helpful for finding him as well.” Ariella began to make a small chart in her pad — sections for names, places, descriptions, and other relevant information that she might be able to gain during this interview. By organizing everything, it would make it easier for her to refer back to the information later on when she needed it.

tag: diego/jess
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL